Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blitzkrieg!

This was a whirlwind of a weekend. I will let you read Melinda's post for a description of the wedding we attended in NY this weekend. I will just regale you with the before and after of it all.

We left bright and early (both of us extremely crabby) Saturday morning, to drop Dante off at the kennel at 7:30am. Yeah, you heard that right. Then we drove for over nine hours on what should have been around a sevenish hour drive (okay, so we took a nice relaxing lunch which took some time, but that was only an hour). You see, we couldn't stay at Corbett's place, as it is being sublet to some strangers. So we stayed in Woodside, in Queens, and stupidly followed Google's suggestion to go through Staten Island to Brooklyn to get there. Now, I'm sure the traffic in Manhattan would have been miserable, too, but I don't know 'cause we didn't go that way. So we were stuck for nearly an hour on the Staten Island Expressway (my ass).

But we made it with enough time to rest, shower, and get to the wedding on time, to start gorging on wine on an empty stomach.

The trip home was not as terrible, but it did happen the next day, with very little sleep (getting to the hotel at 3am and awaking at 10am after a large alcoholic fest is not smart), after a fantastic brunch in the East Village with the Magster. That was great because I didn't get to talk to her as much as I'd want at the wedding itself. The drive home was made much much much nicer because Sonya and Chris picked up Dante from the kennel so we didn't have get back to the 'burg by 6pm (you can see a bit of D's adventures there on Sonya's blog). Of course, we got back and felt kind of rude since we were tired and starving and just wanted to rest, so we didn't stay too long to chat with S&C, but I made up for that by giving Sonya some Lattice Conference posters for the Business School. What? I'm sure B-school peeps would love to come to the Lattice Conference.

That, incidentally, is the only thing on my mind right now. Lots of prep to be done, and I will not bore you with the details. Yet.

That's for another post when I want to take a break.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

Bunch of drunks. It's a good thing there are responsible adults to take care of Dante and feed him yummy treats. Glad you had a good time.

June 24, 2008 at 2:11 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home