Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mainz

I'm here at the University in Mainz right now, just idling away my time. One of the main things I want to get done I cannot until a certain person responds to an email. As such, I'm not really in the mood to do anything, even though there are plenty of things to get done. Alas.

My trip out of the 'burg was without event, which is good. The flight to Frankfurt was of course long, but not the longest flight I've been on, and I did get a little bit of sleep on the plane. I'm mostly recovered from any sort of jetlag, but my body still is not used to the new clock. I can tell because it takes me a while to fully "wake up." Luckily I'm staying in an apartment for the two weeks I'm here, so I have a coffeepot and can make as much coffee as I want for relatively little cost (there is a grocery store right near by that I stopped at to get the essentials: Milk, coffee, butter, bread, meats & cheeses, paprika-flavored chips, and chocolate). I do think the time here will fly by, even though it feels like I'll be here for ages.

It is always nice to make it back to Germany, though, so one really cannot complain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

I just added you to my RSS feed only to find you're in Mainz! How long will you be there? You know that that's only like 90km from Heidelberg. Of course, I have to go to a meeting in Berlin until Saturday, but if you're around after that we should have dinner at some point!

Grüße

May 27, 2008 at 6:24 AM 
Blogger Laurie K said...

Do you have the essential of Kinder eggs????

Although I have been greatly disappointed by their toys lately.

May 27, 2008 at 9:28 AM 
Blogger Karl said...

Laurie, if you get sick of Kindereggs, the following is German confection is also, well, conversation starting... (picture from some random person's flicker stream)

I remember bursting out laughing in the grocery store when I first saw them. It's not as funny to Germans, for some reason.

May 27, 2008 at 4:44 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home