Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Friends Lunch

I was going to run and grab a quick lunch to bring back to my office and eat, and I hadn't been to Friend's Cafe in a while, so I decided to walk over there. (I often don't go there because although it's not that far of a walk, it's farther than I'm generally interested in going if it's just to bring a lunch back to the office. The difference? Since it's an interim campus break, none of the bad on-campus sites are open.)

I walk into the restaurant, and I see Chris and Kostas finishing up their lunch. This was a little surprising, as I didn't expect to run into anyone, but there you go. Of course I sat with them while waiting for my food (mind you, I was still planning on just heading back to the office), and tagged along with them to Aroma's to get coffee (not yet having eaten). It was a little odd, and I did survive my starvation since it took almost an hour to get there, get coffee, then walk back and actually eat. There also was, incidentally, another professor from the department who walked in and sat with us while he waited.

I need to find out-of-the-way places if I plan to eat alone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

I wish I knew you were going. I would have tagged along. I'm just across the street from Friends. You don't need to eat alone.

May 21, 2008 at 2:44 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home