Friday, May 9, 2008

Chocolate

A professor here in the department is very much into making his own chocolate, and has sparked my jealousy. (Note, this is the same professor who told us of the colonial chocolate-making demonstration from a few weeks ago.) The instructions are all laid out on a website called Chocolate Alchemy, although there are a few (expensive) pieces of equipment that are required to do this at home. It will be a while before I am able to take part in this endeavour, so I have to be satisfied with what he brings into the office.

He is not a fan of milk chocolate (while I am), but he recently made a batch that he's sharing, and gave me two bars just now. I am, I must say, in heaven. I think it's sugar rush time here in the 'burg...

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

ooh... I want to make truffles sometime.

Right now I have some mango ice cream with carmelized mango in progress. I will report on how it turns out.

May 9, 2008 at 12:28 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home