Monday, April 21, 2008

Not back in time, but more Travelin'

This weekend we went to Busch Gardens here in the 'burg (this is the Europe-themed Busch Gardens). For Virginia residents, we can get a "Fun Pass," and thus go until September 1st for the price of one day's admission. Of course, there's parking on top of that but unless all four of us (Sonya & Chris came with) went like 10 times separately or 40 times together, we really couldn't make up the difference in getting the season pass (which is twice as much and includes free parking). 

Either way it was a perfect day to go. Almost too perfect because everyone in Viriginia agreed. But that's fine, we went on roller coasters and ate overpriced food (that was delicious), and had a great time. We'll have to go back at least a couple more times, it's only ten minutes from my place (I could practically walk there). 

Afterwards we came back here and had barbeque pulled pork that had been cooking in the Crock Pot Corbett got me for my birthday. The pork literally fell off the bone, although the recipe itself was lacking in something (adding barbeque sauce made it delicious, so...). That plus my impromptu cole slaw dressing and some cheesecake made for a rather tasty dinner, so I'm not complaining!

I was also impressed, because I often cannot spend more than 8 hours with the same people (Corbett excluded of course), and yet they were here until 10:30pm or something, and we met up in the morning for the park. Except for just being tired at night (standing in the sun all day does that to ya), I could've continued all night (well, I'm old, so until midnight at the latest)...

Sunday was a big thunderstormy rainy day. You can imagine that Dante loved that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

I couldn't agree more. If I weren't so tired, we would have stayed. I see you conveniently left out all of the accidents that happened during our dinner. BTW, did you remove Corbett as a contributor to this blog? I don't blame you if you did, because he hasn't contributed anything.

April 21, 2008 at 10:57 AM 
Blogger Topher said...

I haven't removed him, I just changed the theme (note the more colonial header), and this one didn't include a section for "contributors." I don't think that's highly necessary, but you're right, he most likely will not post anything...

April 21, 2008 at 11:24 AM 
Blogger Laurie K said...

I like your new theme. I am sorry you are a postmenopausal woman. I'm also sorry I have not called you back, but I have been sick sick sick.

April 21, 2008 at 4:37 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home