Monday, May 12, 2008

Man of Iron

We went to the Colonial Movie Theater this weekend (well, okay, there is nothing colonial about it, but we do have one, and it has 12 whole screens in an area called "Newtown," to distinguish it from the historic part of the 'burg), and saw Iron Man. I have to say, I was very iffy about going to see this, but for the most part, I go to every superhero movie there is. (Not the really bad ones like Ghost Rider or Elektra, though.) Plus I am not a huge Iron Man fan, but the movie got good reviews, so...

Was I ever surprised. On the whole I must say it was a great movie. Not once was I bored, and it wasn't a generic "ten minutes of intro to the new superhero and now two hours of fighting." There was a lot of build up during the whole movie, with Mr. Stark building the suit (well, suits, as he had to build a crappy one to escape the "bad guys" in Afghanistan). If there was any major criticism it was that there was still the "look at the bad guys that aren't American, they are EVIL!" idea all over the place, but being that this is a superhero movie, I can overlook it.

I think Marvel has made up for the train wreck that was Spider-Man 3, and hopefully they can continue with this quality.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Well Hello new blog!

Spider-Man 3 really was bad wasn't it? We rented it and Shannon was ready to turn it off after like 25 minutes...

May 13, 2008 at 11:10 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home