Thursday, June 5, 2008

One more full day...

So the day is almost over here, and I'll have one more day in Mainz before I fly out on Saturday. It'll be good to get home.

Yesterday I took the day off and finally wandered around the city. I went to the Dom (Cathedral) and the Gutenberg museum (where they have one old and two new testaments from the original Gutenberg Bibles). That was okay, but not the most spectacular museum. Besides that (and dodging the random rainstorms that occurred), I just sort of walked around enjoying the city until Karl met up with me from Heidelberg.

Although his train was about 50 minutes late, he made it safely here, and we walked briskly (it was drizzling) to a restaurant to have a beer and catch up. We again wandered around the city until we were hungry enough to eat and then had beers again later, where we were met by Vlad and Marc, who had recently returned from Bochum.

It was fun seeing him, and good catching up. Apparently he's making the move from Heidelberg to Paris in December, so this was probably the last time to see him while he still lived in Germany. Of course, by the time he left and we left, it was well after midnight so getting up this morning was a little difficult. Now I'm sort of ready for sleep, but that'll have to wait until after dinner. Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home