Friday, June 27, 2008

At least the 'burg cares...

You know, I don't live in the best apartment in the world, by any means. But, it's inexpensive for what you get, I do like the location (although a lot of people call this the "bad part of town," but honestly, I've lived in Harlem and North St. Louis City -- but again, as in almost every city in the US, bad part means "not white"), and they have gas stoves and I don't pay the gas bill. And despite some problems here and there, they have been fine until now.

The A/C broke last week. (Note: it's 103 today.) They don't care. I'm "on the list," and apparently my threat to call the 'burg didn't make them budge (the new manager basically said to go ahead). So I did. The inspector came out immediately and found what was wrong, and told the office they have to fix it today. If not, they get fined, or something (hopefully that won't happen because I just want the thing fixed!).

I want to make fliers and give them to everyone in the complex to have them do the same. I feel bad that I jumped ahead in line, but whatever. I'll get over it. If I have everyone call the 'burg to complain, then the apartment complex will have to do something other than ignore people's pleas for not dying of heat.

2 Comments:

Blogger sunglasseshurtmynose said...

You guys can crash here if its too hot in the hood. ...and, its not the "non-white" thing that places your neighborhood on the bad side of town...

June 27, 2008 at 2:19 PM 
Blogger Aunt So-So said...

Chris beat me to it. Like he said, you are ALL welcome to crash here. Sorry this household won't be all white, but at least we don't have cockroaches, and our thermostat is at a crisp 76.

June 27, 2008 at 2:42 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home