Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Palin and the AIP

I hesitate writing much about McCain's VP choice, just because I am, as most are, somewhat shocked at the decision. All of her skeletons are of course now falling out of the closet, and she can't control it, and of course I get a kick out of seeing that happen to anyone. I guess most of us do, which is why the media feeds this stuff to us.

One thing not getting much press, and now I think I know why, is Palin's possible link to the Alaskan Independence Party. This group apparently wants to secede from the US (I guess like most Texans still do), and there are hints that she has had affiliation with them in the past. Now, there is a YouTube video of her addressing their convention, so clearly she just completely agrees with them in all aspects.

It's odd, a non-story, and really irrelevant to what I think are in general her complete inappropriateness to being VP (today's electoral-vote.com has a good discussion of whether or not McCain's "I want a VP with a lot of experience" comment really meant anything; clearly it did not). However, I find it fascinating because of the fact that there are bunch of Alaskan's who are organized and trying to find ways to detach themselves from the US.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

Yikes. But she's so pretty.

September 3, 2008 at 9:19 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home