Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunny day

I'm in a very good mood this morning, and I am not sure why. There was nothing too different, although I did go to the vet briefly to get Dante his bordatella shot and fecal test (for his boarding next week when I go to Bonn). I didn't get much sleep, because I was up late watching Lost, to make sure I keep up with Corbett (we are just starting Season three). Although, I must say that I think I am better off in the morning with less sleep.

Part of me is thrilled about the election. It's like Christmas: The month before is nothing but psychotic anticipation, only to be either overyjoyed or extremely disappointed come the actual day. I have taken to having CNN on the TV whenever I am home, just so that I can hear Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper repeat over and over again the same news. (Incidentally, I know they don't expect the viewers to be watching continuously over the course of an hour, but to describe something as "breaking news" and "just happening now" four times within the hour is somewhat obnoxious. I am not saying anything that people don't already know.)

I've also finished Lesson 16 of my German CD's. There are three levels of this, with 30 lessons each, and I'm more than half done the first level. This means that I can confidently say, "Ich möchte jetzt ein bier bei Ihnen trinken," which means, "I would like to drink a beer now at your place." This is a sentence that clearly would come in handy all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home