Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Seriously, now...

I have to say that my "outer-office" mates are rather bothersome. One in particular actually. See, the way the offices here are, at least on the third floor, are as follows. There is an outer office for graduate students (usually three), and an inner office for post-docs and faculty. Being in an inner office, I like having both the outside door and my door open when I'm here, so that people know that I'm around. This one grad student has never gotten it through his head (though I've told him numerous times) that I like it this way. It is not like the hallway is at all noisy, but for some reason he always closes the door. I don't want to deal with someone knocking on the outer door and forcing me to go open it (since it is usually locked), when they just could walk right in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell him to keep it open. Try this: "Hey asshole, when I say keep the door open it means keep the door OPEN. It does NOT mean keep the door closed. This is not open for discussion. I can end you career, so do as I say." Let me know if it works.

October 8, 2008 at 3:54 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home