Monday, September 15, 2008

Palin vs the Minister

Here's an article at Salon.com about Palin and her scary evangelicals... This pastor wrote a book called "Pastor, I am Gay," which is one of the books she wanted banned from the Wasilla library. He likens homosexuals to, well, just let me quote straight from the article:

'In his book, Bess suggests that gays have a divine mission. "Look back at the life of our Lord Jesus. He was misunderstood, deserted, unjustly accused, and cruelly killed. Yet we all confess that it was the will of God, for by his wounds we are healed ... Could it be that the homosexual, obedient to the will of God, might be the church's modern day healer-messiah?"'

So that may be a little extreme, as I would never think that gays are modern-day messiahs, although this guy gives me hope in our society, considering he is two generations my senior, a baptist minister, and he is fighting for gay rights.

There's another person (a composer and teacher) she has a discussion with in this article about creationism, and he says in the article, "I pushed her on the earth's creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she'd seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them."

But the most frightening part of this article is the next paragraph:

[The teacher] also asked Palin if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. "She looked in my eyes and said, 'Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.'"

This frightens me so much, I honestly do not know if I can sleep tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corbett said...

Ugh, even I want to ban that book.

September 16, 2008 at 9:05 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home