Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No politics today

I need to take a break from my stressing over the election, so I will not discuss anything pertaining to that now.

Instead I will muse on the possibly new or returning upstairs neighbors. The apartment above mine has had the most turnover I've ever seen in one year, with four distinct groups of tenants (or one could call them "families"). The most recent had been elephants, as far as we could tell, who I imagine felt as though the most fun to be had was by walking back and forth through their apartment for hours on end. No stomping, but there was so much creaking that I often worried about the stability of the floors. If one of the residents was who I think it was, then I'm shocked, because although she was not skinny, she was nowhere near elephant-size.

They also enjoyed the bass, so much where Corbett would have to leave the house because he couldn't concentrate. Notes were left and that problem was solved, and right after Corbett returned to New York, they moved out, and it's been quiet since.

Well, now there are people there again, but this time I saw no moving trucks, or anyone moving in (could've happened while I was at work). I think they are new elephants with rocking chairs. These people like to rock back and forth (or there are other things they are doing, but I don't want to imagine) from 7am to 8am, making my last hour of sleep nonexistent. Hopefully this rocking behavior will not be a regular thing, or I'll have to figure out how to survive.

How does one get rid of elephants?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home