Friday, October 17, 2008

Rainy day

So the week started off sunny and I was in a very happy mood (for some unknown reason). Now it's gloomy and rainy, but it's Friday, and I'm still in a fairly good mood.

1) I sent out all my job applications. Now I get to wait and fret and worry about this for four months, as these have been sent out quite early.

2) My last make-up class for all the lectures I'm missing this semester is in seven minutes, and that means that we'll only have two classes a week from now on, except when I'm out of town and we have one or none.

3) A professor from Wash U is giving a colloquium here today, and he gives great lectures. I've already said hi to him, and it is a little surreal seeing him here.

4) It's the weekend, and although I have to prepare my talk for Bonn (I leave on Tuesday), I love not having to come to campus. (I should have worked from home on Monday and Tuesday, when we had fall break.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

1) Yay for you! You know who I'm pushing for. 2) Ok. 3) That's cool. Are you going to the colloquium? In that case, no dinner invites extended to you today. 4) I really really hope you don't have to go to Bonn for reals, but if you do we'll come visit. Good luck!

October 17, 2008 at 11:28 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home