Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Holy cow, we did!

I was expecting it, but still, the moment they called it last night on CNN, and every moment afterwards that I think about it, I get chills. And not only did he get over 330 electoral votes (at least), but here are the popular vote numbers thus far:

Obama: 62,509,207
McCain: 55,438,509

So Obama wins in the popular vote (which of course doesn't matter for the win of the presidency) by seven million votes! That is the largest margin since LBJ in 1964 (which doesn't compare, there it was like a 25 million difference). This is a spectacular step forward in this country, despite all of its flaws.

I can say right now that I am proud of what this country has done yesterday. Let the healing begin!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOOYAH!

November 5, 2008 at 9:30 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home