Thursday, October 30, 2008

Glorious day

I often complain about things here, whether it be annoying people in my life, or some sort of political upset in my head. So today, given the brisk yet sunny day, I will list off all of the great things going on right now.

1) Five days until the most exciting election I've ever witnessed. History is in the making (whether or not it is the first black president, oldest first-time elected president, first Catholic vice-president, or first woman VP), and we all get to witness it!

2) This is a couple of days old, but still it gets to me: Daughter of slave votes for Obama. This is a 109 year-old woman whose father was a slave.

3) Corbett arrives in the 'burg tonight!

4) I am working from home today, to the beautiful sounds of Etta James.

5) Last night was emotional for me, I am not sure why. First the Obamapalooza half-hour made me teery-eyed by the end of it. Then, I got sucked into Deal or No Deal (I hate myself for admitting this), and then nearly cried at the end when the woman won a million dollars (you really had to see it, I wasn't just crazy).

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Dude, somebody actually won a million on that show? I'd probably snot myself over that, too.

October 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home